As many have probably noticed, the Hoarding has been on hiatus for a number of months. We are working to recruit new contributing editors now. Please stay tuned: we will be back soon.
The most recent issue of Studies in Romanticism (Winter 2012) is available, and contains the following articles and reviews.
- Daniel Brown, “William Rowan Hamilton and William Wordsworth: The Poetry of Science” (475-501)
- Heather M. Klemann, “Ethos in Jane Austen” (503-532)
- Sara Lodge, “Contested Bounds: John Clare, John Keats, and the Sonnet” (533-554)
- Timothy Ruppert, “Waterloo, Napoleon, and the Vision of Peace in Louisa Stuart Costello’s The Maid of the Cyprus Isle” (555-578)
- Andrew Burkett, “Mediating Monstrosity: Media, Information, and Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein” (579-605)
- Deidre Lynch, Review of David Simpson’s Wordsworth, Commodification and Social Concern: The Poetic of Modernity (607-611)
- Robin Jarvis, Review of Alexander Dick and Angela Esterhammer’s Spheres of Action: Speech and Performance in Romantic Culture (612-616)
- Patrick R. O’Malley, Review of Michael Tomko’s British Romanticism and the Catholic Question: Religion, History, and National Identity(617-620)
- Charles Mahoney, Review of Jonathan Sachs’s Romantic Antiquity: Rome in the British Imagination, 1789-1832 (620-634)
- Brian McGrath, Review of Eric Reid Lindstrom’s Romantic Fiat: Demystification and Enchantment in Lyric Poetry (624-627)
- Andrew Allport, Review of Alexander Regier’s Fracture and Fragmentation in British Romanticism(627-631)
The latest issue of the Byron Journal has been published.
To become a member of the Byron Society of America, and receive a subscription to the journal as part of your membership, please visit the BSA website.
Byron Journal 43:1 (2013)
|Essay Contributors||p. vi|
|Gaiety and Grace: Byron and the Tone of Catholicism||p. 1|
|Byron’s Week in Middleton||p. 15|
|Don Juan and the Dirty Scythe of Time||p. 27|
|N. E. Gayle|
|The Taming of Byron in the Netherlands||p. 35|
|The Phantom Byron Book Sale Catalogue||p. 49|
|Letter to the Editor||p. 57|
|‘Byron and 1812’ London Byron Society Symposium, Kingsway Hall Hotel 10-14 September 2012||p. 59|
|Book Reviews||p. 65|
|Report from the Salerooms||p. 85|
|The International Byron Societies 2012-2013||p. 89|
|The International Byron Societies Officers and Addresses||p. 95|