CALL FOR PAPERS
20th International Thomas Hardy Conference and Festival
18-26 August 2012
We are soliciting papers from Hardy scholars around the world for the Twentieth International Thomas Hardy Conference and Festival which will take place in Dorchester, UK from 18-26th August, 2012. Proposals should take the form of an abstract not exceeding 250 words max for papers of 20 minutes duration. These will be delivered in chaired parallel sessions throughout the week as part of the academic program of lectures, seminars, talks and the postgraduate symposium. Proposals may address any aspect of Hardy’s life, work and thought but we are particularly keen to encourage papers focusing on the following areas:
- Hardy and Genre (particularly the short story).
- Hardy and the Visual and/or Plastic Arts.
- Hardy and Intertextuality.
- Hardy and Cultural Heritage.
- Wessex and the wider world.
- Hardy and international politics.
- International responses to the work of Thomas Hardy
- Hardy’s influence on poets, writers and musicians (including popular musicians) in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
Proposals should be addressed to:
‘Call for Papers’ – ( The Thomas Hardy Society) Dr. Jane Thomas, Department of English University of Hull, East Yorkshire HU6 7RX